PURPOSE: The following are instructions for providers who are sending claims for Medicare Part A or B through UHIN and need to set up UHIN as their clearinghouse for Medicare.
- Begin by logging in to https://connect.edissweb.com/. If you have any difficulty logging in, please use the contact information provided in the portal.
- Go to Manage Providers.
- Click on View Profile under the relevant provider’s name.
- If there are no lines of business listed, click Add Another Line of Business and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If there is a line of business but no transactions listed, click + Add Another Transaction at the bottom and follow the instructions on the screen.
- If you wish to submit claims, ensure that the appropriate 837 transaction is selected.
- If you wish to get electronic payment/remittance information, ensure 835 is selected.
- In the Transaction Manager/ID section for each transaction, ensure that “UHIN/CH00219” is selected. This will allow the transaction to go through UHIN.
- If you need to update the settings for more than one provider, return to Manage Providers and repeat as necessary.