The following are instructions for installing and setting up Medicare Remit Easy Print, a software for viewing 835 (payment/remittance) files.
Installing Easy Print
2. In the Downloads section you will see an option for “Medicare Remit Easy Print – Version 4.5”. (NOTE: if they update the software, the version number will change.) Click on it to select.
- Your browser may automatically start the download, or it may ask if you want to “Open or Save.” If it asks, select Open.
- If you selected “Open,” a window should pop up when the file has downloaded.
- If your browser did not give you the option to select “Open,” you will need to open the file when it is done downloading. Find the name of your browser below to see specific instructions.
Google Chrome: click on the download in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
Internet Explorer: click “Open” at the bottom-center of your screen.
Mozilla Firefox: click on the blue arrow at the top-right corner of your screen. Then, select the MedicareRemitEasyPrint ZIP file.
3. You should now have a window like the one below. Double-click on Medicare Remit Easy Print.msi to begin the installation.
4. The installation wizard will pop up. Click Run and follow all instructions in the wizard to install the program.
5. Once the installation is completed, you should have the Easy Print icon on your desktop.
1. If your computer’s operating system is Windows XP or older, skip to step 2. If your computer’s operating system is Windows 7 or newer continue reading this step.
Right-click on the Easy Print icon before going into the program. Select Properties.
Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for:
- Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3) from the list.
- Click OK at the bottom.
2. Double-click on the Easy Print icon from your desktop to open the program. If your computer asks for permission to run the program, click
3. You will get a pop up for “No Remittance Files Found.” Click OK.
4. You are now in Easy Print. There is a one-time configuration process to set up the program.
Click on Tools at the top.
Select Path Name Editor.
On the line labeled X835 native files, click the Browse.
- If you have changed the location where UHINt saves files, or if you download files via your Practice Management/EHR software, you will need to navigate to the location where your files are saved after they are downloaded.
- If you use UHINt and have never changed the locations where files are saved, look for and select each of the following:
- Program Files (x86) (if you only have a single option for Program Files, select that one)
- UHINt 2.5
Once you have the correct location, click OK. Then, click Save.
You are done! If you need further assistance, please contact UHIN at 877-693-3071 or email@example.com.