This article contains instructions for logging into and setting up UHIN's legacy claim submission software, UHINt 2.6.
1. Begin by ensuring you have login information. This should have been sent to you in an email from UHIN's Enrollment department.
If you do not have this information, you can start by logging into https://my.uhin.org. (First time logging in to MYUHIN? Use the Forgot Password link on the welcome page.)
- Once you have logged into MYUHIN, find your name on the upper-right.
- Click on the name to see a drop-down menu; select the My Account option.
- At the bottom of the account page, there is an option to Change UHINt Password. Type a new password in twice, then click Save.
2. Launch UHINt 2.6 by finding the UHINt icon on your desktop and double-clicking.
Your computer may prompt you to allow changes; always select to allow the program.
3. On the welcome screen, type in your:
- Username (usually your first initial and last name)
- Trading Partner Number (TPN) (Your TPN is your account number with UHIN, and can also be found on the MYUHIN portal.)
- Then, log in.
4. You will receive a pop-up asking about Auto Downloading. If you are on your main billing computer, you may click OK to dismiss the pop-up. If you are on a secondary billing computer, please click Cancel.
1. Begin by clicking on General Maintenance.
- Select your preferred telephone and date formats. If you select a format showing dashes, slashes, or other punctuation, the software will expect you to enter that punctuation as you type the telephone/date information.
- Fill out the Field Defaults section with the appropriate answers. These will pre-populate in the claim form.
- Once you are done, go to the bottom-right and click on Apply Changes.
2. Click on Testing.
- If you will be submitting Professional claims, click on the word Test next to "Professional." This will change the field to show "Production."
- Repeat for any other types of claims you will be sending.
- When you're done, click Apply Changes.
3. Click on Submitter Maintenance.
- In the Name field, type in the name of a contact to answer any questions about your claims.
- Click Add.
- Next to the contact's name, type in their telephone number (using the format you chose in the General Maintenance screen), and use the drop-down menu to indicate Telephone.
- When you are done, click on Update Submitter Data. (If you can't see the Update Submitter Data button, try making the UHINt screen larger.)
4. Click on Provider Maintenance.
- Click Add New Provider.
- If you have an organization NPI, or if you are an Atypical provider, begin by typing your organization's name in the Last/Organization Name field.
- Providers who do all billing under their individual NPI should enter the first, last, and other names in the appropriate fields.
- Next, go to the Address section and add the Billing Provider address. This must be a street address; PO boxes are not accepted in this field.
- When you type in the ZIP code, ensure that you include the full 9-digit code without a dash. You can look up the full code on https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress.
- In the Unique Provider Identifier field, type in a short word, phrase, or set of initials that will remind you which information is in this profile.
- Taxonomy Codes:
- If you submitting to any Regence BlueCross BlueShield companies, enter your Taxonomy Code.
- Atypical providers submitting multiple types of service to Utah Medicaid, may need to add a Taxonomy Code as well. You can check with Utah Medicaid if you are unsure regarding whether this is needed in your case.
- Other ID section:
- In the drop-down menu, select Federal Tax ID, and enter your Tax ID in the box to the left, without a dash. Then, click Add.
- Go back to the same drop down to select Federal Tax ID 2. Type the same Tax ID in the box to the left, then Add.
- In the same menu, everyone except for Atypical providers should select National Provider ID; type in your organization NPI, then add. For Atypical providers, select Medicaid Provider Number and type in your Medicaid contract number or Medicaid-assigned Atypical ID, then add.
- In the Contact List section, follow the same steps to add a contact name that were in the Submitter Maintenance section.
- Click Add Provider.
- If you entered an organization profile, you may need to repeat step 4 to enter rendering provider profiles. Each provider with an individual NPI who will need to be listed on the claim should have their own profile. The setup is exactly the same except that Federal Tax ID information is not required on rendering provider profiles.
5. Click on Payer Maintenance.
- NOTE: This step should be completed in conjunction with your EDI Enrollment. If you have not yet completed your EDI Enrollment request inside the MYUHIN portal, see https://support.uhin.org/hc/en-us/articles/360037484171-EDI-Enrollment-on-MYUHIN for instructions.
- Look through the list of payers. If all of the payers you need are accounted for in the list, skip the rest of this step.
- If you need to send claims to a payer not listed here, find and select the line for EMDEON. On the bottom-left, select Clearinghouse Payer Info.
- In the Payer Name field, type in the name of a payer you would like to reach. In the Payer ID field, type in the 5-digit payer ID. (You can find payer IDs on https://uhin.org/payer-list/. Then click Add.
- Continue this process until you have added all the payers you need to reach that were not listed on the main Payer Maintenance page. Once you are done, close out of the pop-up windows. Your information has been saved.
6. To enter your first patient, click on Submissions. Then, select your claim form type from the top.
- Enter the patient's name, date of birth, gender, and address. We recommend leaving the SSN field blank.
- Then, click on the blue Add button in second half of the window. This will give you a pop-up where you can add subscriber information.
- When the patient is the subscriber, simply enter the Member ID.
- If the patient is a dependent, select the relationship in the drop-down menu at the top and then ensure the subscriber's name is in the name fields.
- When you are done, click Save and Continue.
- You will be able to look over your patient information. When you are ready, click Save and Continue again. This will save the patient and continue on to the claim form.
You're done! For instructions on submitting a claim, visit https://support.uhin.org/hc/en-us/articles/360037999811-UHINt-Claim-Template-Professional.
For any other questions, contact Customer Service at 877-693-3071 or firstname.lastname@example.org.